The Civil Engineering Department is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Civil Engineering Educational Outcomes
Compatible with the mission of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, the College of Engineering, the Department of Civil Engineering's educational objectives are to produce graduates who, within the five years after graduation.
Practice as a civil engineering professional, engaged in the preservation and enhancement of the living environment.
Conduct themselves as ethical practitioners while making progress towards obtaining licensure.
Advance their knowledge-base in civil engineering through post graduate activities.
Utilize their civil engineering knowledge-base in professional practice to acquire increasing professional and managerial responsibilities.
- Are involved in their community and professional societies, contributing to public welfare and their sustainability and enhancement.
Civil Engineering Student Outcomes
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.